Monday, August 23, 2010

A message from Cara

Hi Everyone.

I am so very sorry for not being able to perform at the Festival this weekend. I'm currently seven and a half months pregnant and have been advised by my doctors that I shouldn't attend.

Some of you may already be aware of what happened last time I performed when I was this pregnant... I went into labour onstage and gave birth not long after the concert...so for all our sakes I wouldn't want anything like that happening again.

I thought I might be up to it, hence the lateness of the announcement, however, the decision has been sensibly forced upon me by my consultants.

I am very disappointed that I won't be there, but I understand that I may be appearing next year.

Here's wishing you all have great craic and enjoy the music. I'll be thinking of you and watching online with my swollen feet up.

Much love
Cara x

1 comment:

Festival freak said...

That's such a shame Cara but you and your baby are much more important. There will always be next year.
We wish you well with the rest of the pregnancy and hope you have an easy birth, once baby is properly cooked!
Love
Rachel & Terry x